Passport Forms

  • Use our Form Filler to fill out your form and print it. For the best experience, use a desktop or laptop computer.
  • Check the information you entered if you did not get the form you expected (examples: date of birth and previous passport issuance date).
  • If you are experiencing technical issues with our Form Filler, download a PDF and complete your form by hand.
  • Go to the U.S. embassy or consulate page if you are applying in a foreign country. 

Reminders for Printing Your Application

  • Make sure the image of the application covers the entire page.
  • Use vertical, portrait format. Do not print your form horizontally. Doing so will cause delays with your application. 
  • Print your form single-sided on 8.5 inch by 11 inch letter-sized paper. We do not accept double-sided forms.
  • The only handwritten marks we accept for the Form Filler are your original signature and date. 

Primary Application Forms for a U.S. Passport

1. Application For A U.S. Passport (DS-11) 

        Fill out your Form DS-11 online and print it

2.  Renewal Application (DS-82)

  • Use if you meet the requirements to renew your passport. Children under age 16 cannot renew their passports and must apply using Form DS-11. Sign and date the form after you print it. Download the form if you are having issues with the form filler.
  • Eligible U.S. citizens can also renew a passport online

        Fill out your Form DS-82 online and print it

3. Data Corrections, Some Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports (DS-5504) 

        Fill out your DS-5504 form online and print it

Forms for Special Situations

You should only submit the forms listed below for special situations. 
1. Reporting Your Valid Passport Lost or Stolen (DS-64)

        Report your Lost or Stolen Passport OnlinePrint PDF of Form DS-64

2. Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child (DS-3053)

  • Use if one parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child's passport. The parent or guardian should submit this special form with Form DS-11. 

        Print PDF of Form DS-3053

3.  Statement of Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525)

  • Use in limited circumstances if one parent or guardian cannot locate the other parent or guardian. The parent who is applying should submit this special form with Form DS-11.

        Print PDF of Form DS-5525

4. Statement You Did Not Receive Your U.S. Passport (DS-86)

  • Use if we mailed your passport and you did not receive it within two weeks of us mailing it. Call us and we will help you complete this form.

        Print PDF of Form DS-86

Last Updated: July 15, 2024